Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Zen-Like


Oh my goodness!  What is wrong in this picture?  First, Tziporah's cheek is bulging.  She is the paragon of efficiency when it comes to eating stuff up off the floor.  If only my vacuum worked so well!  This time, it turned out to be a rock from my Zen garden.  I love my Zen garden, and it really is meditative to rake that sand and arrange the rocks just so.  What isn't as calming is finding your baby eating the sand, kids' trophies strewn about.  Of course, it wasn't entirely sweet little Tziporah's fault.  She was aided and abetted by Ptolemy The Pterrible.

If you want edge-of-your-seat entertainment, follow these two around for a few minutes.  A thousand-dollar violin is perched precariously on Ptolemy's shoulder!  Tziporah is ripping all the folded laundry off my bed and flinging it to the floor!  Then she's eating dead fire bugs!  Then he's flushing things down the toilet!  Then she's picking ornaments like they're fresh fruit off the Christmas tree!  Then he's pushing all the buttons on the remote at the same time, with his feet!  Then the phone rings and she falls down the stairs!  Then it's time to get in the car and he somehow has poop in his socks!  And all the presents under the tree are unwrapped!  And all the food in the fridge is on the floor!

It's no wonder they both had to take a few minutes and find their center with the Zen garden.  Go ahead, kids, meditate.  Meditate to your hearts' content.  Nothing you do can phase me.  I just look at your sweet, fresh faces and laugh.  You're a messy little bumper crop, you two.  But what do I need with a manicured Zen garden?  I'd rather have a sand pile full o' cute.


Take a picture of me, Mom!


Notice the punching pose
Looking very Zen-like


"Don't drop it!"

Not in there!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Cute pictures of the little zen monsters. :) I loved the Pterrible phrase. So funny!

Jennifer said...

Ptoo funny!

The homestead said...

I remember those days. Oh wait you just described my days perfectly. It sure keeps us on our toes. I wouldn't have it any other way.