Monday, November 4, 2013

Art Day

The day after Halloween, the kids didn't have school.  Is that the best idea ever, or what?!  I relished sleeping in (after getting Golda to the high school at 6 am to catch a ride to an all-day dance workshop in Provo) and then waking up to whatever we wanted to do, which turned out to be art.  Xanthe and Esmae had no interest in following my instructions for a candy wrapper turkey, so I let them go their own way while I made a candy wrapper turkey, so we all had fun.  I fact, Xanthe later said that modge podge candy wrappers was her favorite thing she has ever done.  Wow!

Colors!
Tziporah was absolutely in heaven over having carte blanche to do anything she wanted.  As she painted, she kept saying, "Mine!  My paint!"  Why didn't I give her better colors?  Her masterpiece turned out an ugly color of puce, but she was thrilled with the process.




Freestone's process had a much better outcome.  He searched for pictures on the computer and found one similar to this, which he copied.  I didn't help him one bit.  That's why it turned out so amazing!




After the rest of us left for the park, Ruby continued working on her sign.  She is on a little committee for Young Women in Excellence night, and their quote is "There's Noplace Like Our Heavenly Home," with a Wizard of Oz theme.  They're having a great time with the planning, and Ruby wanted to get a leg up on the work, so she painted this quote from Glinda the Good Witch.  I love everything about it!  It's true, and I can't wait to see what else the girls come up with for their night in Oz.

Every time we paint, I wonder why we don't do it more often.  I hope we do!

2 comments:

michelle said...

You know I love paint! Yet another of the gifts Tiffany has taught me to enjoy. Love their creations!

Anonymous said...

Loved this! So cute of Tziy, she is so into it! Sounds like you had a fun day, you are always doing something fun with the kids and cousins and friends, building memories! xo Tricia