Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Golda's Holy Place Talk

I brought pointe shoes to represent my holy place:  the dance studio and onstage.  Dance has always been a part of my life and I'm so grateful for it.  I'm thankful that it gives me something to share a love for with my mom and sisters and now my little brothers.  This year Freestone is in the Nutcracker and it's been so fun to be in the party scene with him.

I tried to calculate how many times I've been to the studio and I come up with somewhere around four thousand times.  It's my home away from home.  It's where I've met some of my best friends, where I've accomplished goals, where I've developed talents, gained confidence, learned how to push myself and found something I'm passionate about.  I love dance because it can convey something words and pictures can't.

We come to this earth to gain bodies and our bodies are truly amazing.  I feel more connected and thankful for my body through dance.  I also feel more uplifted by feeling like I'm a part of beautiful music.

Being in an environment that strives to be better, that's always surrounded by good music, that respects art and makes something beautiful with God-given talents, this is my holy place.  Of course, it can't replace the temple or my home or church buildings, but it's a place I go every day except Sunday that is part of my personal interests and what I love.

Before going onstage, my friends and I always say a group prayer.  Those moments are some of my fondest memories that I will always remember.  Being onstage and sharing what I've worked for and love makes me happy.

These pointe shoes have been through a lot.  I had to get new ones, because, as ballerinas put it, "These shoes are dead," and I couldn't use them anymore.  I'm thankful that because of the atonement, which I can always use, death will only be temporary, and I can live with my family and Heavenly Father forever, dancing with the angels in heaven for eternity.

4 comments:

laurel said...

That is so awesome. I want a place like that. So lucky.

Jennifer said...

So beautiful. You have raised an amazing young woman.

Jennie said...

Beautiful talk, Golda. Thanks so much for sharing part of your testimony.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful talk, so thoughtful and inspirational, beautifully said. Love the picture of Golda..lovely and beautiful. xo Tricia