Monday, January 23, 2017

Freestone's Schedule

Freestone was clever!  He met with his school counselor and arranged for a home release period.  When he called me on the first day of the term at 1 o'clock asking to be picked up, I was pretty surprised, even though I had apparently signed a permission paper or something.  (Did I mention I can't remember anything?  Ruby said the other day, "We're all turning into Nana!")

When I went to get him, I figured it would make more sense if he had two home release periods, so I could pick him up at the same time every day.  Mrs. McEwen agreed, aand it was done.  Moments later, we were both waltzing out of school, on to more important things than whatever electives he was signed up for.  One was P.E.  He wouldn't have minded taking it again, but he had it last semester and he dances 15 hours a week, so really? 

We visited Nana, went to the store, got drinks, tooled around with Tizzy.  Most days, I drop him off at Scott's office where he has nothing to do but homework, and I pick him up when it's all done.  So he's finished with homework by the time he leaves for ballet, which is great, because he gets home at 9:30.  I love it. I hate how much time school and homework take.  It's great that we have so much freedom to tailor public school to our personal situations.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

How great that it all works out so well! Homework does take so much time, glad he has Scott's office to get his done in a quiet environment before dance. Great plan!