Monday, January 23, 2017

Snowy Sundance

Sarah and Heidi came in town for the Women's March this weekend. I went up to Sarah's cabin Friday to have dinner with the ladies and spend a snowy overnight in the cozy cabin.  A word to the wise: dining out during Sundance is like going out on New Years Eve.  It's not going to be the restaurant's best work.  You're cattle.  Our meal was terrible, except for the beets. Live and learn.

Traipsing around with all the other crazis along Main Street in the sleet.  The Sundance crowd is laid-back and unpretentious, dotted with various stars.  We saw Harvey Weinstein, and Heidi and Sarah lunch right next to Pierce Brosnan skiing at Deer Valley.  It's fun.


Ah.  I should have stayed forever.  I also should have gone to the womens march with Sarah and Heidi.  I was focused on my kids' schedules and my responsibilities, and didn't want to be stranded wihtout my car for who knows how long at the march.  Plus, it was snowing really hard. I wanted to get down the canyon.  It was the wrong call.  While I did make it home safely, thank heavens, I regretted not staying to demonstrate my conviction that human rights matter, and that we will all be fact-checking this administration.  My focus is on love and inclusion.  I'm not interested in debating politics at all.  We differ, and that's ok. 

After I got home, we watched the snow plow get stuck on our road.  It's so pretty out there!

No comments: