Friday, April 4, 2008

Fairies and Marionettes





Araceli ran home from school with her first missing tooth in an envelope. She chose her favorite Love Box and put it under her pillow by 11:30 AM. How could the tooth fairy forget, faced with such enthusiasm? She came!
It's not often that a marrionette show is on our calendar, but that's just what happened yesterday. The fifth graders have been working very hard on their production. Each kid made their own marionette and its clothes. They wrote scripts in which their marionette talked with another marionette on a stage. Golda's was Amelia Earhart, so Golda learned a lot about aviation. It was so fun and creative. I was impressed by all the 5th graders. Our teachers are amazing! If only they could think of a way to turn algebra into a Broadway-style production.

6 comments:

love.boxes said...

What a neat idea! I want to make my own marionette.. How fun! I love Amelia E. :)

Jenny said...

I am so excited for Ari. I know she has been waiting and wiggling for that loose tooth! Golda's pilot is even expertly dressed like a pilot too! She really is an artist!

Jennie said...

Congrats Ari! I love your puppet Golda. I still remember mine from 5th grade. They are so fun to make. You did a great job on yours.

Michelle said...

Wow! I especially love the ity-bity goggles Amelia is wearing! And the flower in her hair! And congrats Ari!

love.boxes said...

Circ.. I love Peace Like A River. It's available at the library on tape.. the reader does a fantastic job if you'd like to listen rather than turn pages. C and I went to dinner tonight and I mentioned that you had recommended it. We both read it and it brought up a 2 hour discussion on ethics. That is a really interesting, extremely well written book. Great writing. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

love.boxes said...

Thanks so much Circ.. C found me a copy of Peace Like a River in the basement already and I'm next in line for the tapes of The Glass Castle! Hooray.. I was starting to feel left out because all our friends are such quick readers.. you recommended it to them and they all had it read the next day!

Anyway, thanks for joining my book club.. I think lets all post our reviews on the same day ..
April 26th and then I can try and link everyone's to everyone else's :) If that's ok with you. I'm excited.. I think this will be fun. I hope. :)