Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Favorite Recipe




I got so many good recipes from all of you. Thanks! I plan to try all of them...next week. For this week, here's my recipe:
Start with a week in suburbia. Add 14 dance classes, a flute, a voice and a cello lesson, 3 guitar lessons, 4 violin lessons, 2 soccer games, 2 play practices, choir practice, a baby shower, a birthday party, a sleepover, (thanks, Jen!) a missionary farewell, a play, a movie, a handful of family gatherings, church, 3 trips to the park and lots of school, homework and practicing. Sprinkle with cheese sticks, goldfish crackers and David's Pizza.
That's my recipe, and I love to make it every week. Granted, you shouldn't make it if you don't enjoy a steady diet of chaos and adreneline. But I do.
Today Scott's aunt and uncle, Ken and Loretta, had their missionary farewell, which was wonderful. It was followed by a huge, delicious lunch and time spent with family. Ken and Loretta are unfailingly supportive of everything we do, and we love them so much. It will be lonely not having them around, but we hope to visit them.
This afternoon, the Kings gathered for birthdays. Jim pulled up in his vintage Model A Ford and delighted all the kids by taking them for rides up the street. They loved the "rumble seat." Not to be outdone, Felshaw disappeared and soon came roaring down the street in his old Jag. If you're going to host a party, you'll want to have classic cars around. Between the cars and the Masters, the guys were completely content.
Tonight, at the close of a great week, I am so grateful for all of you. With such good company by my side, I look back with fondness and forward with enthusiasm. And the present is pretty great, too, thanks to such awesome friends and family!

6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I love the way you write Circe. We are excited to go to the Zoo this week. Hopefully the weather stays good.

Michelle said...

Girl, you get more hours in your week I swear you must! I don't know how you do it! It is amazing! Sounds like a fun week though if you have the stamina, which you do. I have heard my dad talk about your dad's jag he used to drive around Kaysville. I don't know if it is the same one, but if it is I am glad he still has it!

Kristi said...

Circe I don't know how you make it with so much on your plate. You're amazing. What's the magical secret because I REALLY need to know.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A typical week in the life of your family sounds truly chaotic. How do you keep everyone on track and in the right place at the right time? You are right that the present time is a gift and we are so blessed with family and friends. Cool car show too:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am reading through your book list. Eat, Pray, Love is really good:)

love.boxes said...

I don't know how you do it Circ. Seriously one of your weeks would kill me off and yet you always seem to be having fun.. one of the many reasons why I just love you to bits!