Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things That Go






The mini car show we had going on Sunday got all the kids interested in vehicles, I guess. Ari, Free, Xanthe and Jackson built a rocket that could transform into a magic elevator. A little more technologically advanced than the Model A, huh? No wonder I couldn't find them for awhile. They were probably on another planet!
Less magical was the broken jogger stroller the little kids like to play in. The front wheel is missing, thanks to an ill-advised off-road excursion through Josh and Emily's back yard. (Yes, it was my idea.) So instead of planting my new flowers the other day, I played Rickshaw Driver, hauling the kids around in the broken stroller. It's hard work being a "Good Mom." I only lasted about 12 minutes. Jackson pretended to drive the MG we have parked in our garage. I thought it would be a safe place to play until he said, "You can hotwire this thing, can't you?" OK, time to come in the house! Jennie, I hope you don't mind your kids' pictures all over my blog. They are just so cute!
I resisted the urge to take a picture today when Xanthe told me, "Look, Mom, I'm on the potty train!" Yes, the elusive "potty train" has been circling around our house this week. It's a little bit like the Polar Express...you can't see it unless you believe. I'm starting to believe in diapers until age 5. But I hope to soon be able to add Xanthe to my list of "Things That Go." Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Jennie said...

Hotwired cars? Where does he get these things from? For a kid who is supposed to be "delayed" he sure is a step ahead. Thanks for being such a "good aunt".

Jennie said...

Jackson just walked in from school when I was reading your blog. I said, "Son, where did you learn about hotwiring?" He said.... "It's on Barn Yard." Yeah cartoon movies.... thanks for helping to educate my kids. :)

Michelle said...

Go Xanthe go! I love this post Circ!

Erin said...

Cute post... you are funny, Circe! Libby is right there with Xanthe on the "potty train"... though she DID actually use the dolly potty that Grammy bought her to help her "practice" with her dolly. It is 4" across. She fit nicely on it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Xanthe and the "potty train". Em's pediatrician asked me how we were doing with it. So far we have a Dora potty seat and stool. The potty seat Em uses for a hat and the stool she uses to put snacks on for watching Curious George. Loved your kids inventiveness! Yeah for the stroller mom too. I'd take happy kids with mom over a stroller any day! I will read Mao's Last Dancer. I had it on hold but didn't get to the library before it expired so I will read through the stack of books on your recommended list I already have and then go in search of it. Sorry we missed you at Joes. Probably see you there this spring. Bring Xanthe so she can play with Em when you come:)

love.boxes said...

Go Xanthe go! The potty train is a good thing! :)