Sunday, April 20, 2008

Seashore





Look what happened while I was lounging around the Buddhist temple eating satay and spring rolls (see below). Scott spent the day feverishly working to transform Freestone's room into a sophisticated beach cottage. Everyone was delighted with the outcome except Free. True to his personality, he burst into tears and pined away for his old bedspread until Star gave the new bed her stamp of approval by jumping up on it. Now Freestone is happy. He loves the beach, so his new room can remind him of all our fun vacations. Scott definitely has an eye for decorating. It's just one of his many talents. Good work, husband. This is why I don't give Scott a list of things to do on Saturdays. It would stifle his creativity!

10 comments:

Taylor Family said...

I love it!!! The pictures in the background are perfect. Scott is a great at decorating. Send him to my house one Saturday.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Is Scott for hire? What are his rates? ;)

Anonymous said...

Freestone has a great room. Makes you want to curl up with a book and pretend there is a beach right outside. I loved your comments about the Buddhist Temple experience. We had EM blessed in the Six Banyan Temple in Guanzhou when we were in China. I felt a little guilty about bowing to foreign idols but, along with you I thought that is what her birth parents would have wanted for her. You are probably right about the ancestors smiling when they go to church and learn about Jesus:)

Elisa said...

Wow! I want to sleep in that room! It looks awesome!

Decorating is the talent that totally skipped me. Count your blessings name them one by one...!!

love.boxes said...

Send Scott over I only have 8-9 rooms left!

Michelle said...

That Scott, he is good! I love how the room turned out. And my kids do that too, something I think is going to be awesome they could care less about. And william is the same way, you can't make him a list but whatever he finally gets done is great.

Jennie said...

So cute you guys! I love it. The bed spread is perfect and I'm glad Free has grown to love the room. It always helps when Star gives something the nod first.

Paige said...

totally impressed by your husband without a list. Mine without a list holds the couch down while making sure the TV still works.

SSWS said...

I love the room. Thanks for the preview! I think the "palm tree canopy" is my favorite touch.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Circe - violin is going well (loving the new one!) The entertainment was not a "Mo" party - my hubby is the only member - joined in 94 which is why we never know what's gonna happen! Of course you can link to my blog... I linked to yours (sorry I didn't ask permission first!)