Thursday, January 15, 2009

Iron Chef Freestiemoto



I borrowed real Iron Chef Morimoto's name and bestowed it on Freestone, my new Iron Chef. Meet Iron Chef Freestiemoto. His specialty is scrambled eggs. I get to crack the eggs and add the cheese, and Freestiemoto handles the rest. He does such a good job that I have been relegated to sous chef. I keep reiterating to Freestone that he can never cook anything or turn on the stove if I'm not looking. I'm thinking particularly about my cousin who blew out the ceiling lights in the kitchen when he decided to deep-fry donuts while his mom was gone. The shards of glass ruined all the donuts. So I hope Freestiemoto doesn't get overconfident and go for Creme Brulee or anything. We do have a torch to scorch the sugar. Maybe I should hide that. If Freestone finds out chefs use torches, it's all over.

5 comments:

The homestead said...

We love iron chef! All my kids first attempt at cooking were eggs also. He looks great!

C and MC said...

Circe, you're writing is amazing. I love it. Thank you for having a blog.

Michelle said...

Yep, you are right, hide the torch!

Anonymous said...

Could be a budding career. Way to go Freestone!

love.boxes said...

Eggs are a great place to start! Hooray Freestone!