Monday, January 5, 2009

Next Time

Out trip to California was so much fun. I loved leaving the chaos of Christmas on the 26th, especially since Scott came home early from the trip and put Christmas away. The house was back to normal, clean and bare, by the time the kids and I got home. Awesome! Driving solo with 5 kids was an easy trade off for having Scott do all the post-holiday work. I'm a big fan of road trips. Something about crossing all that landscape and conquering the road ahead is so exhilarating. Scott feels more sleepy than exhilarated by long stints on the road, so 12 hours in the car didn't seem like a good idea when you compare it to being home to watch the Utes win the Sugar Bowl!
Next time we go on a trip, and I say this every time, I am going to pack better. I usually pack well in advance and organize a suitcase for each person as well as an overnight bag for all of us if we're stopping for a night along the way. Somehow, though, after the first three days, nobody has anything to wear and everything is dirty. When there's a washer and dryer, it's easy, but otherwise, it gets crazy. What are your ideas? I know there is someone out the who can help me! :)

Our computer is on sabbatical, so when it comes back, I'll be blogging more. Just a warning...!

6 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

You would think since I work for an airline I would prefer to fly. NOT ME!! Love me a good road trip. Besides the landscape, I love converstaions, music, and just plain getting lost in my thoughts. Give me a Diet Coke some licorise and an open road!!

Michelle said...

I am so glad you are back, I missed you! I am pretty sure I could hear screaming his guts out from here! I think that may have been one of your better trades, I just hate putting the Christmas away. I wish I had packing suggestions for you but I am pretty sure I would just end up letting everyone run around in their swimsuits the whole time! Lunch this week?

Jenny said...

Pack more stuff! That is always my motto. I go home with 5 outfits each that we haven't worn yet. That way you get lots of choices too! Also, pack jammies that can double as outfits, like sweats so you have a few extras just in cases. They can always wear jammies twice but their cloths just seem to get too dirty!

I love a good road trip too! You are all stuck together so there is bound to be talk and fun!

Anonymous said...

You are incredible! Five kids and 12 hours in a van driving solo sounds like a lot of work! As for the packing, it is amazing that you organize each child's suitcase and then pack overnight bags:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Circe,

Jane asked if you wanted to meet us at Discovery Gateway next Monday? She has some extra passes with her membership.

2kidmommy said...

Well, if you find yourself in So Cal w/o a washer and dryer, you could call Courtney to come get your clothes and wash them for you !!