Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jesus Wants Me for a Sun BEEP!


Xanthe told me that Jesus wants her for a sun beep. No way am I going to tell her that the real word to the song is "sunbeam." Sun beep is a lot cuter. When I was a kid, I thought sunbeams were the specks of dust you see when the sun shines through the window. I turned it over and over in my mind why Jesus would want me to be one of those specks. Xanthe probably wonders what, exactly, a sun beep is, but she loves singing the song and jumping every time she shouts, "BEEP!"

Today was her first day of Sunbeeps. Her teacher, Jerusha, says Xanthe loves to be in charge and win. And that her whole face changes when she smiles. Two things I knew that sound so sweet coming from a teacher who so obviously adores and values our baby.

Freestone reprted that he did NOT have fun at church, that he does NOT loves his new teachers, he hates them, and he did NOT have a great lesson. So I think it went pretty well. Right now he's singing, "Singing a song is DUMB to do! DUMB to do! DUMB to do!" I think I'll be the most grateful for Freestone's teachers this year, provided they appreciate Freestone's contrary nature and see his sweet side lurking underneath.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

#1 I so love Freestone and his song! We have similiar issues at our house, I am up for suggestions on handling them by the way.
#2 How we love Xanthe! I want to be a sunbeep too, it sound like more fun than a beam!

Ryan said...

On Sunday, Jackson was eating his cereal with Collin. About five minutes into breakfast Jackson jumped up, ran to the sink, and promptly starts vomiting. Without missing a beat, Collin pipes up with a big smile on his face, "YEAH!!! We don't have to go to church now!!!" He came crashing back to earth when I explained that only Jackson gets to stay home. When talking about Church with Collin, we often hear the word hate, so we can relate with ya there...