Friday, February 6, 2009

100 Days





Today was the one hundredth day of school! Wow! It was quite a celebration in Araceli's class. She was asked to bring one hundred of something, and it ended up being one hundred heart stickers on a Strawberry Shortcake poster. Did you think Ari would go for the cop-out one hundred pennies or one hundred Q-Tips? No, she was very specific in her request for a poster and a hundred tiny erasers to glue onto it. My extremely brief trip to the dollar store between guitar and ballet yielded no erasers and no plain posters. I knew something even fancier would be an acceptable substitute for Ari's original idea. She loved it. Ari brought home a picture of what she thinks she'll look like when she's 100. I think she looks Chinese! :) I love Ari's art.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Matthew was telling my mom about how he was having a party for 100 days. Then he asked her if this meant her would be in 2nd grade now! Love this age! Ari's creation looks just great too and I agree, she will definitely be Chinese when she is old!

Jennifer said...

Shoot. We've done the penny thing. This year, Elise's class had to have 100 of a snack-type item to make into a trail mix for all to share. She let me know last night. We're so low on yummies around here and I couldn't go to the store, so she got to take 100 food storage apple slices. Whoo-hoo.