Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Project Achilles


Project Manager: Circe

Objective: Filling in for Scott

Food Committee: Aunt Jennie, Aunt Michelle, Gingham World, Scheu Family, Bruce and Marlene, Aunt Tricia, Aunt Nikki and Brian and Renee, who came all the way from Phoenix to bring Scott a Slurpee.

Child Care Committee: Coco, SWS.

Drivers: Bill, Tricia, Uncle Josh (My dad has driven to Ogden 6 times this week and spent too much time in the Music Man parking lot. Thanks!)

Snow Removal: Jim, Lauren and Ross. Peanut Butter cookies are on the way!

Thanks to all committee members for going above and beyond the trite "let me know if I can do anything," and actually doing everything. Golda said this morning, "The food is better when Daddy is sick." So true, so true.

Scott was laughed at numerous times in China for his ridiculously large feet. Scott's are big shoes to fill, as we all realize when Scott's Clydesdales are propped up on pillows. For everyone who has been helping us whose names I forgot to mention, it's due to sleep deprivation. I was up all night making sure Scott didn't roll off the couch after he took an Ambien last night. I'm happy to report, he did wake up this morning. Does anyone want to be on the Scott Watch night shift?!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! its big foot!

Christian said...

Oh, boy, what a team to help out! What would happen if something worse happened -- the Nation Guard might parachute in!

Get better, Scott!

Michelle said...

I am there for you with cinnamon rolls but you are on your own for the Scott Watch! Hope it gets better each day!

Jenny said...

I am glad to see you are all so well taken care of. I am sure Scott is milking all of this attention. I sure would! Let us know if we can be part of the committee!

Jennie said...

He looks set up. He has the book, the remotes, the drink. What more could you ask for beside a big bowl of M&M's by your side. That is what I would want if it were me. We hope you get feeling better soon.

SSWS said...

How come B and Renee didn't bring me a Slurpee?

Erin said...

So sorry you guys have to go through this. Look at this blog: http://ourpartyofeight.blogspot.com/ He did the very same thing playing church ball last night!!! (They are an adoptive family from Idaho) Hope you are all hanging in there...

Anna B. said...

Oh I am so sorry! It is strange to have it happen the same way at the same time. Brian's surgery is tomorrow at 6am and he is feeling rather burdened by the recovery time.

Big hugs to Scott and to you!!! This just stinks huh?

Paige said...

No one ever died from rolling off the couch. Go to bed, girl.

Erin said...

Hope you are feeling better Scott! I really would go crazy if I had to sit on a couch all day long. I would go even MORE crazy, if my husband did! Get well soon. And Circe... hang on. When you have the baby, you can use this big time.