Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hong Kong





I want to
Have lunch on the waterfront in Kowloon, watching the Star Ferry drift by my expensive restaurant. I'll have the chef's specialty and three desserts.
Then I want to take a nap under a thick duvet on the 14th floor of my hotel overlooking Victoria Harbour, the sampans floating against a backdrop of glimmering sky scrapers.
Then I want to walk the city up and down and across, taking in all the different cultures and people.

But I have to
Rehair three bows
Glue a crack in a violin
Practice with Xanthe
Drive the jr. high carpool
Fold the laundry
Find a swim cap

I might be in my car driving kids around all afternoon, but in my mind, I'll be in Hong Kong. It will be sunny, humid and warm. The sky will be clear. Does anybody want to join me? Where will you be?

7 comments:

Jennie said...

In my bed, with a big comfy blanket, a good book, a bag of M&M's and a quite house. Maybe I'll get a nap in there. I only can nap when I know I am alone and nothing is on my docket for the day. That's the only time my mind is quiet.

Now... if only my fantasy were true. Instead I'll be with you... in my car, running kids, and..... maybe eating M&M's. If I can't have it all, maybe I can just have the chocolate. :)

Christina said...

I would be walking along the Oregon Coastline, with my sweater on, feeling the cool breeze coming in from the ocean, and the light rain that drys almost as soon as it hits my skin. I can almost smell the air now. But like you, I'll be running one of the kids to dance lessons, homework, etc...

Anonymous said...

Hong Kong sounds like a bit of heaven..but if I had a choice we would be on a plane headed for Taiwan!

Maria said...

London. It would be a little dreary and cold but so nice and refreshing. I would be walking through Picadilly Circus to Fortnum and Mason for amazing chocolates! Then I would head to the best Thai place in Ealing where I would have a fantastic meal with Kent.
Instead I took care of the boys and girls this afternoon with plenty of spit up and lots of messes. I had pancakes for dinner and am waiting to teach one more harp lesson tonight. While Emma is upstairs watching Dragon Tales on my bed.
It is nice to dream and fantasize! Thanks for making me think!:)

Michelle said...

On a beach.Definitly a beach! But I will be at lunch tomorrow, almost as good!

2kidmommy said...

Well, it would be fun to be back w/ you guys exploring Changsha!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Wow - thanks for the pics. Brings back memories! (Esp. the hotel buffets - those were the BEST!)