Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Roles



Ruby and Golda auditioned for a play last night.  Araceli went with me to support them and ended up catching a little theater bug.  She wanted to try out too, but didn't have a song prepared.  When she suggested "A Peanut Sat on the Railroad Track," I made a deal with her.  Golda and Ruby would work with her on a song and she could try out the next night.  Araceli was on top of the world when Golda and Ruby invited her up to Golda's room to look through their music, choose songs and rehearse. 

Tonight, both of Araceli's big sisters wanted to go with her to the audition.  On the way there, Ari got nervous and wanted to fall back on the peanut song instead of trying "Hard Knock Life."  Golda and Ruby encouraged her and gave her advice.  Waiting for her number to be called, Ari worked on dance steps with Golda.  When they called Ari's number, Golda clutched her stomach and said, "This is good practice for Nutcracker auditions.  I'm so nervous for her!"  Ruby listened at the door and watched through the window during the audition, reporting that Ari had finished singing and was doing well on the choreography.

I don't know and don't even care what the outcome of the Sound of Music audition is.  The bigger part, the part of Big Sister was carried off by Golda and Ruby in a way that made "the producers" (Scott and me) thank their lucky stars.  Araceli couldn't have been riding higher if she'd been literally carried out of the audition on her sisters' shoulders.  In a way, she was.  And the view is pretty great from up there when you're eight.

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your girls are so sweet and amazing.

Maria said...

I can only hope that I will raise my kids to be as kind and caring as yours. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations to Ari and to Golda and Ruby...The big sister act was fun to read about.

Jennie said...

That's so great! It is exciting to hear the three of them had something to help them strengthen their bonds. I can't wait to hear what parts they get. They are all so fabulous. Maybe one of these years our schedule will permit Lex to try out. :(

laurel said...

First of all, Happy and wonderful Easter weekend!!!

And wow, you are one talented fam. You amaze me every time I tune in! Very cool that they are doing this together.

Lexie said...

Thats so sweet. Ari has such great sisters. i hope I get to see all three of them
~lexie

Emily said...

watery eyes, so cute

Jenny said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I hope my girls are as good examples to their younger sisters as yours are!

Lexie said...

Love the dress Ari. I think I've seen that somewhere!
~Lexie