Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Child's Christmas Wish

"Mom, do you know what I would wish for if I could have anything for Christmas?  I would wish to spend the day with Jesus."

"Wouldn't that be wonderful!  What would you and Jesus do?"

"Oh, I don't know.  He could tell me stories about himself."

"And maybe you could tell Jesus a story.  What would you tell him about?"

"Hmm, I don't know.  He already knows me reeeeally well."

And that's Araceli's Christmas message.  He knows us really well.  Don't worry.  Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. (Job 22:21)  Araceli, I hope you never forget the peace you know now, as a child.  That peace will always be available to you.  Even during your darkest days, there is a light that cannot be extinguished, and you carry it within you because Heavenly Father knows you.  Really well.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

So tender. What a blessing, knowing she gets it.

Queen Elizabeth said...

That's precious. Keep up the good work, Ari!

sws said...

i love this photo of Ari - and the message is so true, thank heavens we are known REALLY well.

Jennifer said...

How wonderful that you recorded this exchange. Sadly, the older we get, we seem to forget our kinship with the divine. At least I do. I'm so glad Ari knows this truth, and hope she'll never need reminding.

Michelle said...

Just lovley. Love those little paydays when they seem to really get the important stuff.