Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve Will Find You...

Aaahh, the holidays.  The kids and I were doing a lot of relaxing and chillin' and mass producing gingerbread and dressing dogs like Santa when I suddenly remembered that there is nothing less relaxing than relaxing with six kids.  Can someone please tell Santa to bring me a large tranquilizer and a cottage of my own?  I had to scrap the relaxation and put all the kids in the car to pound down our to-do list.  They have to EARN those Christmas presents!  I dropped off Ari to get a haircut and Golda to supervise, dropped off Ruby and Xanthe to shop for a gift at Stewart's and took Free and Tolly driving around filling prescriptions, dropping off library books, returning plates, delivering Christmas gifts, and as the king says in The King and I, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.  Phew!  Now I feel more relaxed.  Lots of things are done and there was a two hour window where the house wasn't being destroyed.  Now home for a dinner of cheese balls, crackers and fudge, a couple more holiday movies and we're home free.  Christmas Eve tomorrow!  Let's do this thing!!

Have a wonderful Christmas y'all!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

How are you having time to blog? Hope your day is wonderful-don't lose your camera this year!

Jennie said...

I've been waiting for your post. :) I wanted to see what you've been up to. It seems like we haven't talked forever - like a whole day. :) Can't wait to get the ball rolling tomorrow with the party. We sure love you guys!

Kristi said...

I am really trying to get to the relaxing point over here today... but there is a ham and cheesey potatoes to bake for a family party tonight, last minute shopping & wrapping, laundry, clenaing... but still, it is Christmas Eve, and there is peace even in the midst of the bustling. Merry Christmas to you!

Nate said...

Your "relaxation" description is so true. And we only have two, not six! Merry Christmas to everyone in the Dopp family! Hope it is wonderful and filled with many joyful and chaotic memories:)