Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Book of Life




When I got to ballet last night, my much-anticipated recital music was there.  I popped it right in the CD player and listened to it with my class.  I should have known, since it was Cori Connors, one of my favorites, that it would hit me in the gut.  It did, and it was all I could do to hold it together.  The sweet music made me want to fall down and sob, it's so poignant.  It's a vocal/guitar ballad that talks about little girls being princesses, and how quickly they grow.  My favorite lyrics of the ballad are

             "There's a book of life she holds now...As her fairy tale unfolds now...Hold her close and help her turn the pages..."

I wanted to run right home from class and hug each one of my little daughters and tell them how exciting it is to watch their fairy tales unfold, how I wish we could live in each moment more, how I wish their childhoods could be an unbroken series of magic wands, sandcastles, warm summer nights and pink tutus, and how I worry that their "happily ever after" won't be.  I love my girls.  They are wonderful daughters.  Thanks, girls.




4 comments:

michelle said...

I am not sure I will make it through recital season, it sounds so wonderful! Having daughters really is so fun isn't it?

The homestead said...

I know what you mean. I want to freeze Bridie at this stage. I can't bear to see her grow up. You have beautiful daughters.

love.boxes said...

They are, every one, so unique, talented and bright!

laurel said...

Awesome!

I also loved the snow dogs. That cracked me up!