Monday, March 14, 2011

I Am Mit

I am Mit.  Boy oh boy, the word Mit had Xanthe all tied up in knots.  Here's our relaxed, positive reading experience for page 7:

Xanthe:  See Sam!
Me:  Look at it again
I see Sam
No, sound it out.
I am Sam
No.
I see Sam?
No.
I am Sis. 
No.
I am Mat.
OK, look at it. 
Mmmm...iiii...ttt....SAM!
Ooooh, so close.  (I doze off, wake up, say Mmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt!)
You weren't supposed to help me!  Now I'm not going to say it!
(I think to myself, well you weren't going to say it anyway, not in this lifetime.)

But the fine print at the bottom of the page says "Praise!"  with a smiley face, so I do, and we go to the next page, because "it is very important that my child has a positive experience reading this book." 

I am Mom.  See me.  See me have an aneurysm if you can't remember that I makes the "i" sound!



9 comments:

michelle said...

Out loud laughing here! Only a parent that has suffered throught the learning to read books could understand. Just think, you only have to go through this with one more kid!

The homestead said...

Those Sam books. I think our seventh time through them I will wear earplugs and just nod and smile.

Maria said...

Glad to hear we are not the only ones struggling with the Sam and Mit books! Seriously funny!

laurel said...

Love it! So funny and cute. But, I am not doing the reading thing at my house yet. Should I be?

Also, glad to know you get frustrated. Makes me feel better.:)

love.boxes said...

See tif hate those books with a passion. Xanthe's smart. She knows that page has one of 5 words on it and she's just going to guess. c did that too. I am Sam can just bite me.

Sarah Smiles said...

Love it! I feel your frustration. I'm going through it right now as well!

Nate said...

Reading for All Learners...I remember it well. Sounds like we are headed there again next year:) Good luck with MIt

Catherine said...

LOL!!! Mmmmm iiii tttt SAM! Sorry - but funny! :o)

C and MC said...

You really want Xanthe trying to say aneurysm? You crack me up. Yes, last year I taught after you in Studio A. I was rarely early enough (on time) to see you, but it's true I don't see you enough now. Summer play dates, it WILL happen.