Friday, March 25, 2011

Cello Throwdown

 Araceli wanted me to record her playing one of her favorite pieces on the cello.  Then she thought it would be fun to record ME playing it.  How could I resist the chance to be the Bobby Flay of cello practicing?  That's what I get for always pulling the, "Here, move over, let me show you..."  Even though I don't play the cello.  There's a fine line between confidence and sheer stupidity, and I'm pretty sure I've crossed that line with some of the stuff I've thought I could do.  Sometimes you just have to learn stuff that you never thought you would.  At least my kids don't skydive.  I can just see myself, full of my Mother's False Sense of Ability:  "Here, let me show you how to do that.  What?  A parachute?  Why didn't you tell meeeeeeeeee...."

What have YOU learned by accident?

4 comments:

sws said...

how fun! I don't know who is better....but I loved Pt and X playing in the background - you and Ari both win at staying focused! Thanks for posting this - so fun to see and hear. Nice job, Dopp girls! Instead of learning new things, I feel like I have a slow leak and am forgetting things I thought I knew!

The homestead said...

For not playing the cello you did awesome! I just play the dumb mom.

Jennie said...

Okay, soooo I don't believe that you don't know how to play the cello. Ummm... that was great! I too loved the kids running around. What a perfect picture of life - kids and music - all the things you love (minus Scott of course).

laurel said...

Pretty awesome. Really you don't play?