Friday, January 27, 2012

Freestone's Wolf


We knew Freestone was an animal.  Now it's official.  He's a Wolf.  I guess he was a Bobcat up until now, although you wouldn't know it because I haven't even sewn his Bobcat thing on his uniform.  The Scout leader had to tell me that we were supposed to be checking things off in his Scout book so that he could advance.  Embarrassing!  I had done absolutely nothing except send the little guy off to Scouts every Tuesday.  So Free and I went through his book one night and passed off 43 things.

And that's how you earn a gold arrow, two silver arrows and your Wolf in one night.  Of course, a lot of the things we passed off, we had done previously, either at home without knowing that it filled a requirement, or at Scouts.  See what a good mom I am?  I'm such a great mom, Freestone got to present me with a Wolf pin.  Scott took lots of pictures but they're all hideous because apparently, I haven't thought about dying my roots for quite some time.  And because I look really pregnant.  Go figure.

Speaking of which, two more weeks until the baby!  I must say, I'm glad she's a girl.  I don't know how many more pack meetings I can take.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Freestone!..Proud of you for your hard work...keep it up. Love, Tricia and All in Miami

Jennie said...

That is so great! Congrats to Free. I'm glad to see all the boys are on their way to becoming Eagle Scout!

Speaking of patches, I have a pile of stuff sitting by my computer just waiting to be sewn on. You could say I'm a bit behind. I even tried the iron on stuff, but they all started to peel.

Nate said...

COngratulations to Freestone. I know you'll be there for Tolly's wolf before long:)

The homestead said...

Ah the joys of scouting! I wasn't raised in a scouting family but Gordon will make sure all our boys are eagle scouts. Can't wait to be done with scouts.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

So exciting! So do you have a date set to get induced? I can't get induced till after my due date cause my insurance won't cover it. It's fun to be due at the same time!