Monday, January 23, 2012

Year of the Dragon



 Happy New Year!  The Year of the Dragon started out with making pot stickers.  Ruby planned to make them for extra credit in Chinese, and soon everyone was rolling dumplings and egg rolls.  Even Xanthe was pretty good at it.  I fried Ruby's school batch up this morning and took them to her class, where a dumpling party was just starting.  Her teacher is from China and is fabulous. 

I'm afraid Ruby is the only one who will get to party today.  I was so tired by the time I got home from that one little thing that I let Ptolemy have two cheese sticks and a big chunk of ice he found on the driveway for lunch.  I can't wait to get this little dragon here!  I'm a little nervous, though;  her sign is  "the mightiest of the signs."  One description says, "Dragons symbolize such character traits as dominance and ambition. Dragons prefer to live by their own rules and if left on their own, are usually successful. They’re driven, unafraid of challenges, and willing to take risks. They’re passionate in all they do and they do things in grand fashion."  Tziporah sounds feisty!  Why isn't there a baby lamb sign?  Or a sleepy kitten sign?  We're in for an exciting ride with this baby girl!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

LOL! Sure hope Tziporah has a little bit of sleeping kitten in her!

Mmm...what fun to make your own dumplings and egg rolls! Your girls are awesome!

Last night Hannah chose your family's card from our prayer bag! What fun to point to each of your kiddos and tell her names...and then tell her there was one more to come! Praying your precious Tziporah is growing and healthy...and arrives sooner than later! :o)

Nate said...

Happy New Year of the Dragon. Can't wait to meet this feisty girl:)

laurel said...

I now see why you are a good mom....you let your kids do stuff. I made the egg rolls. NO ONE helped. THey were too busy. I did make them clean up!