Saturday, April 13, 2013

At the House

 Everything was ready when we left for the church.  The lasagne was in the oven, and I was counting on it to behave.
 Ari had made a poster with pictures of Xanthe.  Great job, Ari!
 I was in love with these cakes that I ordered form Sam's.  The bakery guy made them exactly how I pictured.
 Marlene loves a good theme as much as I do, and made an additional coconut cake to match the other two!  Hers is even more beautiful, though!
 Warms my heart!  I love when a bunch of people I love come to my house and bring delicious food.  Is there anything better?  Thank you to everyone who helped, from food to props to piano accompaniment.  (Jennifer, you are irreplaceable!)
Tziporah kept demonstrating her new trick, opening the back door, waving good-bye, and then just leaving.  Down the stairs, through the back yard, just going wherever the @$# she wants to.  She is a sojourner!  We had to keep tracking her down.
 Scott and Bishop Adams.  I can't tell you how much we love our bishop. 
 Yesterday at the birthday party, nobody remembered to sing Happy Birthday!  So we did it today, and we put candles on all three cakes!


 This is a good picture of Nana, and evidence that it was, indeed, Tziporah who grabbed Scott's cake.  I love how she's going in for it in the first picture and making the kill in the second.
 Nana, we love you!






And after the party...Tranquility and left-over cake.  Mmmm...

Well, what's next?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Another victory for the Queen of parties! Nobody parties like the Dopps!

Anonymous said...

What an exciting week at your house! From the pictures and descriptions, all your hard work and efforts paid off, culminating in a beautiful week for Xanthe, her birthday and baptism!. Congratulations on a beautiful week, even being sick one day!. Congratulations Xanthe on your birthday and baptism, you look beautiful and so grown up!. We love you and are proud of you. Everyone's efforts paid off!.xo Tricia and all from Miami!

Jennie said...

I love all these X posts. Everything turned out great. First, the party. What a cute idea to do beach cupcakes (dipped in sand / crackers). You guys are always so creative. All of the baptism pictures are precious. What a special moment. Besides the actual baptism, I think my two favorite moments was Scott's prayer and when Golda talked about X being the first member of her family to be baptized. What a tender moment. Of course, everything else was wonderful too. The music was beautiful, Rubes talk was so thoughtful and meaningful, and the cute little girls with the prayers. So many memories. Thanks for letting us be a part of it all. We love you guys!

laurel said...

The cakes look amazing. Wow.