Monday, April 8, 2013

Being a Mom


My Little Cutie Pies,

I love you.  I love your dad.  It's because of you that my life is so rich, fun, beautiful and exciting.  I love being your mom.  If I had to describe being a mom in one word, it would be a simple word:  "Fun."  I love it all.  I love it at 2 am, I love it after 10 hours in the car, I love it when it's bedtime and there's homework to do, I love it when I shuttle kids for two solid hours after school and far into the night, I love it when there are two kids in diapers, I love it when I can help you solve problems, I love it when you make me proud, which is all the time.  You're great kids.  Dad and I got lucky.  I wonder if you chose us as your parents?  If you did, thanks a million!  Now we get to keep you forever, you precious little things.

Happiness is not what happens when conditions are perfect.  It's what you choose even though life is messy.  I can't afford to wait for perfection to love motherhood, or to appreciate each of you for exactly who you are both right now and intrinsically.  This is it, guys!  Let's love it!
















9 comments:

Shane and Kenzie said...

All I had to do was read the title of your post and I already had tears in my eyes! Your family is magnificent, and you're right, motherhood really is FUN. I wake up every day to this sweet baby and It's all I can do to not eat him up and squeeze him. It's fun to see accomplishments, fun to sing songs, fun to take baths, fun to go to church (for once...)And fun to be GOOFY for my little baby. I know by looking at your children, it only gets busier and BETTER from here.

Jennifer said...

It's days like this, when I feel like the wicked witch of the west shrinking and melting in my own teary source of water, that I appreciate your blog for championing motherhood. I really needed this reminder today, to love in the moment, in all the moments. Thanks.

The homestead said...

I feel the same way. I love being a mom.

Anonymous said...

Should I cry now or later when I reread your great post! Great it is!..story and pictures. It is the best to be a daughter, a mother, and then a "grandmother." All beautiful things our Heavenly Father has given to us as women. All moments bring us joy and happiness, even when things are not quite at their best. You have a great family and all that goes with each one is so fun and interesting to read about. Thanks for sharing a beautiful post. Love ya all..I am thankful for all of you and my wonderful and beautiful family here, wish we were closer. xo Tricia

Jennie said...

I agree. We have the best job in the world. Love all these shots of you and the kids. Sniff.... I'm going through withdrawls today. Re-entry is hard!

laurel said...

We just got back from Cali!!! So good to catch up on the Party of Nine.....you guys are a party! So precious. YOu can tell in every post that you love your job as mother. You are awesome.

sws said...

and you are so good at it!! It's hard to tell who the mom is in the picture because you look so young. You have such awesome kids - thanks for inspiring all of us.

Michelle said...

Beautifully said as always!

Catherine said...

I love how you love your kids! They are so, so blessed to have an amazing Mommy - YOU!!