Monday, April 1, 2013

I Heart I. B.

 At 2:00 AM Saturday morning, my alarm went off.  At 2:24, four minutes behind schedule, we pulled out of the driveway with the GPS showing 11 hours and 11 minutes to Imperial Beach!  Conspicuously missing were Scott and Tziporah, sleeping peacefully with approximately 18 hours left to go until they had to leave for the airport.  (Brief recap:  Our car doesn't fit 9 people, Scott falls asleep driving, I love to drive and never let him have a turn anyway.  So he flies.)  In case you think Scott got the better deal, Tizzy was naughty on the plane.  MY six kids were perfect in the car!

'Bout 7 AM, we stopped for bagels at Starbucks in St. George, then it was light and I started getting my second wind, which took us all the way to Imperial Beach!  By two PM, we hit the beach, and we've been hitting the beach ever since.  The Ryan and Jennie Dopps arrived shortly after we did, and the fliers later that night.  We were all desperately missing Tizzy by the time she arrived in her velour track suit, looking like she was eighty!



 I don't have an explanation for this.
 Cracks me up.  This is SO Xanthe.


 The annual shark picture.  I wish they would stay little longer!






 One of two very important varieties of cookies found at the I. B. 99 cent store.  Ya got'cher thin mints and yer peanut butter cookies.  I like the peanut butter because it has sea salt.  Jennie likes the mints.  They are both delish, and they're a dollar a box!!
 What a group!
 Kung Fu pandas
 My baby boy

 There's a new gyro place in town!
 Golda studying


 Sweetheart!







 Golda studying some more.  She has a book and an AP packet to keep her company during spring break.  It will be so worth it, though!
 Ah, there we go.  No books!





 All five sisters!





Me to Ruby, the photog.:  "Keep taking pictures until I look good."
Ruby:  "We could be here awhile!"
Ah, I hope so!  It's heaven.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so fun, great pictures!. I love Imperial Beach, so glad we found it years ago! You kids were the little ones then! It has been a great place ever since..hopefully, I get back some day. Just found it online years ago..Big Golda was with us the first time. Enjoy every minute and stick your toe in the Pacific for me..(I know I live on the beach in Florida, but love the Pacific too!) Sounds fun, looks fun!..xo Tricia

Jennie said...

Love all the pics. But.. How come there are so many of them with food or of us eating??? Oh wait, that's because that is all we do when we are here. :). So glad you got your pizza. I'm sure you were in heaven. See ya at 9 for the tide pools.

Ben and Athena said...

What precious pics! Hope you had a great time!

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Fun! Cute pictures!

Catherine said...

What fun!! Have a great time at IB!!

Now, it's about the food drops. Not only do I need a gyro pizza, I now need PB thins for dessert. I'm gaining weight just reading your blog! Oye!

Michelle said...

I was jus thinking how beautiful you all looked! Is there something special in the lighting there? Maybe it is just plain happiness!