Monday, April 1, 2013

'Tis Better to Have Loved and Lost Than Never to Have Loved At All

Warning: This story contains wanton and reckless use of the CAPS LOCK. Reader discretion advised.
THIS is...wait for it...GYRO MEAT PIZZA!  I wanted it last year, Scott wasn't enthusiastic, we got in the GYRO MEAT PIZZA FIGHT, he caved, and THEN the pizza lady said they had stopped making gyro meat pizza because it was too expensive.  After it almost ruined our marriage, they DIDN'T HAVE IT!  My life has been incomplete ever since, just knowing that GYRO MEAT PIZZA had existed, and I hadn't eaten it.  So this year, IT WAS STILL ON THE MENU!  But still, nobody wanted it but me, so Scott, 'cause he likes being married to me, told me to get MY OWN PIZZA.  I ordered gyro, feta and tomato with the ranch sauce.
 AND IT WAS THIS GOOD!  EVERYBODY WANTED SOME.  Now for the sad part.  The pizza guy told Scott when he picked it up, "I took care of your wife," which isn't normally good news for a husband, coming from a hot Italian guy.  The guy saved himself, though, when he explained that he didn't really have gyro meat, but went next door to the new gyro place and get some, especially for me.  So tragically, we don't know if we'll ever be able to order a gyro meat pizza again.  We may have just consumed the only remaining gyro pizza left in the world.  It's worse than never having tried it.



 Why, oh why didn't we get the GIANT SIZE GYRO PIZZA?
 It would have lasted for days.

 What??  They gyro pizza is all gone?
I'M OUTTA HERE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, you have made me want one!...looks so good and interesting! It is only 7 a.m. in Florida and I want some of that pizza! Even if it is possibly the last Gyro pizza, so glad you got it and I am sure you loved it and enjoyed it. (even if it could be the last one, but I bet that guy finds a way to get you another one!) Sounds fun!. XO Tricia

Cricket said...

The pizza sounds and looks yummy! The Other Place used to have killer gyro sausage. So yummy! And then one day poof! It was gone. Everytime we go we ask, as if by some miracle they will bring it back. It has been 10 years and the hope is still there with the memory of how wonderful it was!
Love all the photos! Makes us want to hit the beach.

Catherine said...

OK - I've never had Gyro meat pizza and now I NEED one!!! I mean NEEEED one! Did you get it at home or on vacay?

We're headed your way in July. (YAY!!!) Can we beg the (hot Italian) guy to make just one more???