Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Surprise! Xanthe's Baptism is THIS Saturday!

Well, I'm dumber than I thought.  I was just assuming that Xanthe's baptism would be the first Saturday of the month after her birthday, like usual.  I've actually had it on my calendar that way for as long as I've had my calendar.  The ward was assuming that I looked at the "Baptism Day Checklist" they gave me that clearly said "April 13."  Yeah, I skimmed it, but this isn't our first rodeo.  I just thought I had the system down.  The "April 13" did not even register.  I just knew the May date was the 4th.  I didn't think about April because Xanthe wasn't eight on the first Saturday in April, so I didn't notice that General Conference was that first Saturday, moving the baptism day to the second Saturday, three days after Xanthe's birthday.  Not on my radar.  I know, it's totally my fault. 

So, if you were planning on coming to Xanthe's baptism, could you move that up three weeks?  I just ordered revised invitations, so you can pick up one of those when you come to the baptism, along with the program that I am about to type up.  This will be fun.  Xanthe is totally stressed, freaking out.  She "hasn't even practiced!" and "doesn't know which way to go when she comes out of the water!"  It's OK.  Everything will be just fine.  Like I said, this isn't our first rodeo.  We have talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost in our back pockets.  We have musical numbers up our sleeves.  Xanthe knows what she wants the menu to be.  Thank heavens we're planners, not to mention fifth-generation Mormons!  Heck, I can make jello in my sleep, and I can also use the word heck in a sentence without flinching.

Isabella, will you please give the opening prayer?  Esmae, will you please give the closing prayer?  Thanks.  You just saved me two phone calls, which is great, because I have to go pick up a baptism dress for the water, and some programs.  And the new invitation.


5 comments:

Jennie said...

Oh I am sorry. I think our Cali trip fried our brains. I'm claiming too many cookies. :). We would love to have izzy say the closing prayer. What's our food assignment?

Ernstfamilyfun said...

LOL

Catherine said...

Oops! Glad it's all working out!

I had never heard of Mormon jell-o until I met my LDS friends and they all teased about your get togethers and the many jell-o offerings. :o) Heck (lol!) my very favourite jell-o recipe came from one of my SLC friends!

Blessins Sunday on this very special day for Xanthe.

The homestead said...

Stuff like this just makes life more exciting!

Shane and Kenzie said...

I was baptized on April 13 in that same baptismal font 17 years ago!! A day I'll never forget.