Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hog Farm


A cringe and an apology to everyone who came to our house for the baptism last Saturday and used the Red Bathroom.  While my bathroom gets the once-over daily, I hardly ever go in the Red Bathroom.  When I did today, it was like walking into a hog farm.  A very clean hog farm, sure, but have you ever been within ten miles of a very clean hog farm?

So, either the Red Bathroom deteriorated to an astonishing degree in just one week, or it looked like Chernobyl last week when guests were here.  I can't remember which kid was assigned to clean it, but I'm guessing at this point that it was either Ptolemy or the cat. 

If you were one of the unfortunate visitors to our hog farm last week, you are hereby invited to come right over and revisit.  Inhale the smell of bleach.  Shield your eyes from the gleam of the faucets.  Run your toes along the shiny floor.  Admire the clean, blue froth in the toilet bowl.  And try to forget what you saw last week.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Just keeping it real!

Anonymous said...

Never seen your place looking like a "hog farm"..and even if the bathroom was as bad as you feel it was, I am sure no one noticed..they were enjoying the party and the excitement of the day and there for the company of all of you and to feel the spirit of it all in honor of Little Xanthe....and I am sure that is what everyone remembers, your house always open t0 and all the good host and hostess Scott and you make...bathroom and all!...if I could be there I would drop by not to inspect your bathroom but to have a great visit!xo Tricia