Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bastille Day Birthdays

And then Sunday after church, we had Dopp July birthdays at our house.  Ryan and Jennie were going to host, but I talked Jennie into letting me have it at our house because it was Bastille Day in France, and we wanted to have a celebration like Golda and Ruby.  All it took was Coco's Eiffel Tower as a centerpiece to set the mood.
I'm sure nobody in France had anything as delicious as Nikki and Clint's crepe cake!  I have to give Clint credit, since he spent four hours making crepes for this endeavor.  He claimed it was Nikki's "worst idea ever," but he was already thinking of ways to make it even better next time.  Plus, anything that tastes this good can't be anybody's worst idea ever!
Speaking of deliciousness, Marlene made eclairs.  Oh, they were heavenly!  They are Scott's favorite, so I hid two for him.  Turns out, he hid two, too.  Hee hee.
One of the July birthday kids, along with Austin, Isabella and Chase.

Bill really enjoyed sitting next to all these rambunctious boys!
Clint, can you bring me another crepe cake?  It's all gone and I'm sad!
The birthday kids!

Tizzy loved Uncle Jeff!


And here's what our little travelers were doing while we were having a fake Bastille Day fete.  They were in Cluny, which used to be the center of the Gallic Christian world, at least for a minute, until somebody destroyed it.  Isn't it beautiful?

Girls, we missed you, but Clint promises to make you a nice cake when you get back.


3 comments:

michelle said...

I can't imagine Clint made that cake! When you instagramed it I thought you had found somewhere to buy it from! Nobody parties like the Dopps!

Jennie said...

Thanks for hosting. That lunch was delicious. So much better than it would have been at my home. Thanks for letting us invade you for the French holiday. We need to do that every year. :)

Taylor Family said...

I missed this post some how. Aren't I lucky to have such a talented husband. Now I am craving it again. Good thing I can make Clint make me another one.