Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Reunion Party

 This is how Tziporah would ride in the stroller if she wasn't strapped in.  Oh, but then she would start scaling the back of the seat with her feet/  Where you think you're going, little one?!
 This is my friend Catherine from Catherine's Chatter over there on my sidebar.  We have only met once before, at this same get-together two years ago, but we've been friends ever since, thanks mostly to the miracle of blogging.  I love Catherine, so I'm glad we got this picture last night.  I was pitiful at taking pictures!  I was too busy catching up with my long-lost friends and tracking down Tziporah, who is part Sir Edmund Hillary and part Vasco de Gama, wandering off to explore things to possibly climb.
And these are some of our beautiful children!  They cannot stay still to pose, and there is always someone who doesn't feel like being in the picture, but the craziness is part of the group, so it's all good.

I love being with these families and seeing the kids grow.  Each family has a unique story and each family is structured differently, and they are all wonderful.  It's amazing to me to look around one of our get-togethers and think of all the prayers that were answered through the creation of these perfect little family units.  Heavenly Father is mindful of us, I know that.  That he knows all the birth families of these kids intimately, too, is awesome to me.  It's all so complex and wonderful, it can boggle the mind.  We talked a lot about the DNA testing at the party.  I often wonder about Xanthe's birth family, and would connect with them in a heartbeat if I could.  For now, knowing that we have the same God watching over us is enough, and I hope our prayers for them are recorded in heaven.

Thanks to Laurel and Jay for hosting a great evening in their beautiful home and yard!  Let us know when the splash pad is installed, and we'll come try it out for ya! ;)

2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

You always plant a seed of thought in my mind when you write of China and the gift of our children. Just the thought that Our Heavenly Father knows intimately the birth family just blow my mind. I would give the world to know Tate's birth story and family. I guess in due time all will be revealed. Thanks

laurel said...

I am so glad u came!!!