Monday, July 8, 2013

Jell-o and Packing






Fine, I'll stop making multi-layered jell-o and start packing for the three-week trip that is coming up quicker than I thought.  You know, the trip that is after the other two trips that are coming us the next two weekends.

So yeah, I'd better get busy.  The layered jell-o is so much fun, though.  If you want to make it, look it up on Pioneer Woman's blog.  I like her pictures.

I am packing a giant ziploc for each night of the road trip, so that we don't have to lug suitcases around.  I'll just have a clear bag with the next day's stuff in it, as well as the pj suitcase that will go in every night.  Then I'll have a bin to put the dirty clothes in so that I can wash everything when I get to Tennessee.  (Right, Marilyn?!)

We'll see how that works.  I'm a super-light packer, so I'm tempted to just take two outfits for each person, then find a park every evening where I can hose the kids down for the night.  Running through the sprinklers at the St. Louis Arch with a bottle of shampoo is a plausible plan, right?  Alas, since my hair is now pink and purple, I have to do something that says, "We are from this planet.  We come in peace."  Clean clothes might be a nice touch.  I'll wash and pack the clothes, but first I thought I'd experiment with a magenta and royal purple jell-o.  You know how I like a good theme.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I think your packing plans are perfect. You've got this stuff down. I'm embarrassed to admit how much I love Jell-O and how yummy (and pretty) those layered squares look!

michelle said...

I want that jello!

Lisa and Tate said...

Jello was delish...

Love the plan for packing each day outfits and a pj suitcase. Hosing down and sprinkler running sound great too!

Sonja said...

This is the second time I've read your mention of packing with giant ziploc bags and I've gotta say I really like that idea! Definitely will try it soon.