Thursday, July 18, 2013

Oh, the Water

 A summer storm is a reminder that if you don't live life NOW, it will be too late.  The downpour is so intense and complete, yet so fleeting, that if you don't run outside at the first roll of thunder, you might miss the whole thing.  Before you know it, the clouds will lift and the inevitable rainbow will fill the sky.  If you stay inside, you'll feel regret that you didn't dance in the rain while you had the chance.  You can't let a summer storm slip by without being a part of it.  That would be a shame, because they are really quite rare and quite memorable.  So I make it a point to get drenched whenever a sultry summer sky unleashes a deluge, lest I pass up a chance to feel charged and electrified, and hopefully not in the literal sense, as lightening is always a possibility during these downpours.
 However, you're far more likely to see smiles and hear laughter than you are to get struck by lightening, so I'll take the chance.
 It rained so hard that what Tziporah was doing could almost be considered skinny dipping!


 As Scott and I sat on the front porch watching the kids, my favorite Van Morrison song played in my head...

Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came?
Down in the hollow
Playin' a new game

Laughin' and a-runnin', hey hey
Skippin' and a-jumpin'
In the misty morning fog
With our, our hearts a-thumpin'

And you, my brown-eyed girl
You my brown-eyed girl.

Scott used to call me his brown-eyed girl, and then when Golda was born, he looked into her diminutive face and called her his brown-eyed girl!  I had some sort of postpartum meltdown and Scott promised me that I and only I would ever be his brown-eyed girl.  Cute story, huh?



 Freestone takes good care of his brood.
 There was a sailboat race and a hot tub construction project.  The water was very warm!

These are the days of endless summer
These are the days, the time is now
There is no past, there's only future
There's only here, there's only now.

-Van Morrison




6 comments:

laurel said...

That was quite the storm wasn't it?! I wasn't as good as you. I watched from the window. Love that first picture. Worth every rain drop that fell.

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera do you use and how do you get your pictures to only focus on a face and be blurry around the edges. Your photos look more like works of art and my pics look like I am taking them with cheap-o camera. Is it something you do when you take the picture or do you just snap a picture and manipulate it after. Your pictures are amazing. Please help!

Cricket said...

I love you used Van Morrison. I sing it my brown-eyed girl. Thank you for the earworm. It is a nice one to have stuck it my head.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, makes me want to run in the rain next rainstorm! Love the pictures, all so cute and your writing inspiring. xo Tricia Love the Van Halen part.

Ernstfamilyfun said...

Cute. I love the pictures!

Shane and Kenzie said...

I love these pictures!