Wednesday, January 28, 2015

20 Things I Love About Xanthe

I love that she came from China
I love having the memories of Scott and I picking her up there
I love her eyes when she smiles
That she works so hard on homework
She is a beautiful ballet dancer
I love having her in my ballet class
She amazes her modern dance teacher with er expressiveness
She is fiery and stubborn
She is funny
She loves her brothers and sisters
Xanthe is very loving and sweet
She likes to do things just right
She is persistent and does a good job
Her teachers always love her.  She is a gem at school.
Xanthe's room is cute and she likes to organize it and line up her stuff.
She has her special blankets, her "pandas" that we brought to her in China
She can't see out of one eye, and she is so good at compensating that we forget!
She practices piano all by herself.
She is a good big sister.
She likes to give hugs.
She likes to pray and feel the spirit.
She has a sweet but determined little soul.
She is strong.  Stronger than I think I can imagine.
She is a loyal friend.


I can't believe that we succeeded in bringing Xanthe to our family.  Looking back, the odds were so against it.  Freestone was just a baby when we started the process of adoption!  I had the most overwhelming feeling that we had to find Xanthe right away.  And we did.  Heavenly Father had a plan, and we were fortunate enough to somehow find the path he had planned for us and Xanthe, and I am grateful.


No comments: