Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Eve

 KAyla, Isabella and Xanthe
 Tyler and Austin
 Chase
 Britton and Collin
 Jake
 Kate and Landon
 Ruby and Kiptyn

 The Siskins
 Grandma and Grandpa work all year to make Christmas special for each and every child, and they have yet to disappoint.  Grandma knitted scarves and blankets, shopped for pajamas, and searched far and wide for just the right thing for each of us.  It seems like she had a little wrapping helper, too!  Kate was cracking me up telling us what each present was before we unwrapped it.  Tee hee!
 The kids played a game with little presents.  Two kids ended up with five dollars in their gift, and it turned out to be the two kids on either side of Freestone; Jake and Ptolemy.  Darn Free, you just barely missed out!
 I think everyone felt just like Ptolemy:  happy!  We had so much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's.  We love them so much. I can't believe what they do for the family, even while serving a full-time mission.  I'm pretty sure they don't sleep. :)


 All of Jeff's boys wanted to try out my violin.
 We reluctantly left Bruce and Marlene's comfy, warm home and went to Coco and Bill's, where we were probably looking up airfares or something in this pic.  Trajan and Micaela are moving to Paris in February, and some of us may be plotting a way to visit them!
 The big surprise of the night was Margaux.  I'm afraid Don Carlos set a very dangerous precedent last year, because Golda really wanted an orange kitten for Christmas.  I said of course, that wouldn't happen, with her moving away next year, and with Sinatra being such a pain in the butt.  OK, OK, I love Sinatra, but I'm allergic to cats, and I do feel guilty that he has to live outside.
 Coco, however, is a sucker!  And she has been looking for an orange cat to add to her collection.  She and Bill watch cats like some people watch birds.  They have their own, and then a couple strays who show up to entertain us by stealing food and fighting with our cats.  Don't even get me started on the raccoons!

 Golda was so happy with her soft, furry friend.  Coco claimed that Margaux practically adopted HER when she went to the shelter.  Smart cat!
 Mom's house is so beautiful, especially done up for the holidays.  I wish I could just wrap myself in a blanket and stay there.
 Luke Chapter 2.








All is calm, all is bright.  Of course, we always wait until most of the kids are screaming and melting down before we leave.  It's just too comfy there!  Our parents are the best, how they are still creating the magic after all these years.  Scott and I have a lot to live up to!  Which is part of the reason we finally had to leave and go home.  Santa was on his way!

No comments: