Monday, May 4, 2015

DeBry Cousins

 We were lucky enough to have my cousin Dan's three kids for the weekend while Dan and Judith were in San Francisco for Judith's birthday.  I'm glad my kids had this time with the cousins they hung out with last summer in Montana.  Let me tell you, we did it all.  Dan brought the kids on Thursday night, along with Araceli, whom he had picked up near his home in Cottonwood from group cello, avoiding a scheduling conflict for me with Freestone's ballroom thing in Odgen and my teaching schedule.  He saved our night!
 Friday we did the park, complete with rickshaw rides from Dr. Snell and at least a couple of meals.  I didn't want to go back to the house, it was such  nice weather.
 Visited Nana
 Kaysville Theater for Paddington Bear

 Scott took these two to Park City Friday night to break up the sheer number of kids!  The rest of us got half-price donuts at Bowman's and recuperated from a full day of sightseeing in Kaysville, Utah!  The kids were such good sports.  They only had a vague idea of where they were, but they felt like they were far away from home.  Everything was new to them, out here in the northern suburbs.  :)

 Uncle Mark came out to deliver some stuff the kids forgot.
Saturday, we ran them ragged.  We all had ballet and play practice int he morning, and the cousins just went with the flow.  Scott took another batch to Park City Saturday night after Deano's party, and I settled in to wait for the girls to get home from prom.  I don't even know what the kids did.  They were mellow and good, and I told them that I wouldn't put them to bed unless they were noisy.  They weren't, and we all enjoyed a peaceful night.
 Writing notes to Mommy while the girls get ready for prom.
 Sunday, we all went to church because what's harder than taking 10 kids to church?  Staying home with 10 kids.  Matthew really didn't want to go, so he ended up at church in the clothes he slept in.  (Dan and Judith, standards were pretty low around here!  LOL)  You do what you can to stay happy and sane.  Sweet little Matthew ended up liking church and being popular in primary.  He's such a sweetie.

We went to Coco's afterward where the kids ate their weight in popsicles before another visit to Nana's, fun on Josh's zipline and more park time.  I dropped the three of them off at Mark and Marla's Sunday night and visited with some of my cousins.  It was so fun to see all you guys!  Tziporah had sneaked into my car and buckled herself in her carseat, so I took her with me to drop the kids off.  She cried when we left, "We hafta take some kids with us!  We went up to Park City afterwards; we were halfway there, anyway.  It's so refreshing to just go see the other side of the mountains once in awhile.  Tizzy and I had a good night.  Pitstop at Billy Blanco's, and a quiet night at the Ranch, looking at all the pictures of prom on Instagram.

It was a good weekend.  Full to the brim with friends, family and fun.  This is what it's all about, right?

No comments: