Friday, May 22, 2015

Scott's Gifts


Scott is smart enough, or scared enough, based on what happened on Mothers Day in 1998, to just give me a gift.  This year, I begged him not to give me things.  I told him a trip to somewhere would do.  Just one little trip, not even a matching set.  Just one.

Ironically, he was in New York with Araceli and Freestone on Mothers Day.  Not exactly what I meant by "one" trip.  Nevertheless, Scott did present me with a tower of treats before he left.  Wednesday night he asked me if I wanted the present now or on Sunday.  I said, "What is it?  Because if it's chocolate, obviously I want it now.  If it's not, I don't care.  I can wait until Sunday."

Scott is a good gift giver.  He would never get me something I could wait for.  And he always knows what I'll want before I do. This week, while I'm in Miami, I tell him what restaurant we went to, he looks up the menu, and guesses (correctly every time) what I ordered. Today, I asked him what he thought I was GOING to order for lunch at Ms. Cheesious, this kitschy grilled cheese place. He guessed I was going to get the crab melt, so I did, because if Scott thought I would order it, I must like it.

Thanks for saving me a lot of thinking, Scott.   Now just tell me this: what do you THINK I'm going to get you for Fathers Day?

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Love your sweet marriage!! Delicious gift!

Heehee...great way to get a Father's Day idea!