Sunday, May 31, 2015

Mountain Man Rendezvous




Our little pioneer, off to the 4th grade Mountain Man Rendezvous.  Xanthe has worked her little bonnet off this year in school.  She has come a long way.  Next year, she will be repeating 4th grade, without the Frnech Immersion program.  Even though it's a repeat, it will feel like blazing a new trail.  She is nervous about going back to 4th grade, wondering if people will think she's there by accident, or wondering why.  She is also excited about being in the same grade as her cousins, and doing school in English.  She asked me why I didn't just hold her back when she was in kindergarten.  Tough question!  When Xanthe entered kindergarten, I had already had her in 3 preschools the previous year because she drank it up.  She loved preschool.  There was no indication that she would fall behind later, no indication, academically at least, that she had auditory processing problems.  She was a difficult child who was happiest at school.  Why would we hold her back?

Later, when we did try to hold her back, our request was denied.  So like I said in my letter to the school, it just took us this long to get it right.  Although it scares me, I just have to turn it over to Heavenly Father and ask him to make up the difference.  We are doing our best, Xanthe is doing her best, and I am trusting in Him to fill in the gaps.  So now we move forward.  Westward ho!


No comments: