Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mothers Day



I got to swing by Nana's place to snap a pic of Nana with her children the day before Mothers Day.  Aren't they all adorable? :) Jim and Da, Paul and Rita, Mary and Felshaw and Mark and Marla.  You would truly be hard pressed to find people who are more loving and genuine, loyal and kind, smart and interesting.  I feel so blessed to be one of theirs.  I have inherited quite a legacy.

Sunday at Coco and Bill's after church, we had a performance of Ruby's guitar recital piece from the night before, accompanied by Tizzy on the toy piano.  She was hilarious.  She tried so hard not to play the piano during Ruby's piece.  With a pained expression on her face, she sneaked one finger to the keyboard and softly played a note.  Then another note, quietly.  Then a few fingers softly plunking an accompaniment to Ruby's lovely Bach.  Tizzy knew she shouldn't, but finally she couldn't take it anymore.  She got this determined look on her face and just unleashed everything she had, pounding that poor piano for all she was worth. It's so hard to be good!
Unless you're Nana.  Then being good is second nature.  The famous quote is "Es be goo," Nana's childhood version of "Let's be good."
Coco and Bill made a delicious lunch for all of us.  I'm sure everyone knows how great my parents are.  If you were in heaven and you looked down and had to choose a mother, you would definitely choose my mom.  I'm fortunate that I got to be one of the three lucky winners who got sent to Mary.  She was the fun mom who let us turn the furniture upside down to make forts, and she's still the fun mom who always has a new adventure planned for the grandkids, whether it's an art project at the kitchen table or a trip to Paris.  (I had to throw a Paris reference in there.  It's MY MOM we're talking about!)



I had just dyed my hair for Miami.  Nana said she "wasn't sure if she liked it."  ha ha

Next stop in our Mothers Day marathon, Grandma and Grandpa's for a nice dinner!  Scott was in NEw York with Araceli and Freestone, so we sent him a picture of him mom.  She is the epitome of motherhood at its best.  She always knows when to step in and when to step out, how to keep the peace, and how to let each of her family know that they are loved.  She is a mother through and through, every second, to the core of her being.

Having tow of my brood away from me on the big day was fun, because I knew they were experiencing things that would change them for the better for the rest of their lives.  Their eyes were being opened to arguably the greatest city on earth (sorry, Mom.  I meant besides Paris).  And isn't that the whole ironic goal of motherhood: to set the offspring free.  Then you hope they make their way, hold onto happiness and sometimes return home for Sunday dinner.

No comments: