Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Shock and Awe

Maybe I'm overstating it a bit when I say 'shock and awe."  It was just a surprise party for my cousin Allion, but she WAS surprised, and she was incredulous that her boyfriend Dean pulled it off so well.  There were clues, but we held in there.  My mom and I almost busted it when we showed up at Dean's house that morning in two cars, both full of balloons and flowers.  Dean and Allison were running behind schedule and were still there, sitting on new patio furniture in the driveway.  Fortunately, we didn't barge into the house with all our swag.  That definitely would have given it away.  I rolled down my window and made up a lie, quick!  "Hey!  My mom and I were just on our way to Farmington Station and we wanted to swing by and say happy birthday.  Ruby just got asked to prom last night, and we have to go shopping for shoes and everything, so..."

And then we left and Coco went back later to decorate.  
I missed the surprise because we were seeing off our prom girls, but we made it in plenty of time to see all the cousins I love so much, and to seriously eat meat until we couldn't walk.  Dean had the party catered by R&R BBQ, and that brisket was to die for.  He sent us home with a big tub of leftovers, too!  Dean and Allison were our Hawaii mentors, and told us everything to eat and do in Waikiki.  I am still craving the noodle restaurant we went to.  We decided it would be fun to meet us with Dean and Alli in Hawaii.  Short of that, I guess we'll have to keep meeting in Bountiful at Royal India...of Dean, you could keep having surprise parties!
Julia
David and his sis, Julia

Jon Pexton and Scott in his floral camo pants that I love.
Dot and Deano's mom.
Matthew holding still!  I love all the movement in this pic.

Xanthe, Annie and Molly
Keaton and his mom, the birthday girl
Jamison, Kris, Elle and Julia
Dean and Allison know their food, and this BBQ was the best!

No comments: