Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Black Tie

 And here are the pictures of our black tie evening. Each student can get 2 student tickets, so Scott and I each took one kid. Araceli and Xanthe turned out to be the lucky ones, and they both looked divine. Araceli borrowed a classic dress from Coco and I found a shoulder-pad-free black number in my closet.  Scott looked as dashing as ever in his suit. It wasn't exactly black tie attire, but we were far from the most casual concertgoers. It was quite an international crowd. I think Lang Lang has some groupies!

The Greg piano concerto is maybe my favorite piano concerto, and Lang Lang wrought every note into an exquisite masterpiece. One of the other pieces was Der Meistersinger, which I dont mind at all.  I told the girls, "That was so short! Some of Wagner's works are three days long!"  Well, I got a kick out of it, anyway.

Afterwards, there was a "gala" with food and dancing, and we stayed well into the night, enjoying the summery weather and the city. Xanthe was delightful, even with the promise of food looming. She loved it, in fact. I'm so happy to be looking into a future with more nights out on the town with that little cutie, as well as all the others. Just not the Ring Cycle, right kids?




Araceli looked like a Classical Goddess.

My good Shelter friend, Christine
There was butternut squash soup, polenta and maple syrup with pecans, pulled pork sliders and a vast array of desserts.  Araceli and Xanthe wanted to try all of them, so they would take a bite and then offer me the rest.  :0)  So I got to try lots of them, too.

No comments: