Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Don't Blink


 Nana couldn't remember Ruby's name for the first time the other day, and it made Ruby sad. I know how she feels, but we don't blame Nana for not being able to recall all these names every time. When I saw Nana pouring Ruby a cup of apple juice in the exact same spot she had poured Tziporah a cup of apple juice the day before, it struck me how quickly time flies, and how fleeting the stages are.

If you look closely, you can imagine it: a little girl waits for a cup of juice, she turns around and presto, she's 13 years older! That's how fast it happens. Don't worry, Nana. I can't keep up either.



1 comment:

Denise Haynie said...

Circe -- I got the letter you forwarded to us! Thank you so much -- wow, that goes back awhile. It had some good info in it that I had misplaced, so I was happy to receive it. Thank you again! And your blog is just so good! Never stop blogging -- holy cow, your posts are so great. Beautiful family!!