Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Lunch in the Dead Zone

Forget everything I said about not caring about "stuff." Of the 7 Shelter girls, 3 of us have October birthdays. The party was chez moi this time, and a gift bonanza it was. I love all my presents. The ladies "get" me.  And yes, I gave them gifts too...glass cake stands. They're so easy to buy for.
I had fun decorating for my Day of the Dead theme.  I love this little creative outlet.  For my birthday this coming Saturday, Ruby agreed to let me host her Halloween dance group for dinner.  Shelter lunch was a little warm-up for Saturday.  I can't wait!




Spookily wrapped cake stands.  The only thing I hate about lunch with some of my very oldest friends is that it ends too soon.  There were so many topics we didn't discuss.
We had a variation on taco soup, corn muffins. apples and caramel, and organic yogurt and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for lunch.  My friends ate like birds, and there was a ton of food left over for the after-school set.  It was cozy to snuggle up and munch on leftovers on a warm autumn day.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Lovely lunch. Thanks for putting out such a delicious spread. It's funny you said we ate like birds. I swear I rolled out of there. Yum! Happy Birthday week to us!

michelle said...

It was a perfect Birthday celebration! And I'm with Jennie, I was stuffed! Although I could use one of those cookies now. Thanks so much friend!

Golda Cristine said...

My mouth is watering just reading this! Happy birthday week to the three shelter girls