Thursday, October 1, 2015

Nana's Party

Nana was so looking forward to having her 3 sons together for her birthday, along with some of the rest of us.  I was lucky enough to be able to crash the party long enough to talk to everyone and catch up.  This family of Nana and Opa's is the best.  I always feel the love exuding from my aunts, uncles and cousins.  There's never any animosity or strife.  Nana and Opa set a strong precedent for love and acceptance, and that legacy has only grown stronger over generations.  Whatever anyone does, whoever anyone decides to become, the response is enthusiasm.  It's a legacy Scott and I are consciously trying to preserve in our family.  We always want our children to know that above all, we accept them and love them.  No matter what, kids.  No matter what.  And we expect them to accept each other, too.  I always tell my kids that they should be nice to each other, since they're going to be best friends for life.  If they preserve their relationships in love, they can all gather together on my 99th birthday and genuinely be happy to see one another.  That will be the best birthday gift I could have.

Nana may have felt the same way.  She sat serenely while everyone talked, and I sensed that she was just completely content to have so many of her children together.  Either that, or she was wondering when everyone was going to leave!  Mom said they all stayed for four hours!  Nana has more energy at 99 than I have at 43!



My dad took about 200 pictures on burst shot, and I'm eating a brownie in 90% of them.  Opa would be proud!


Happy birthday, dear Nana!  

No comments: