Saturday, October 3, 2015

Cupcake Wars


Araceli is the Beehive secretary at church, so she gets to help plan activities for their Wednesday night get-togethers.  This week, it was Cupcake Wars.  I love it when the kids ask me if we can host something.  The answer is always yes, because I love it.  This Wednesday, the girls filed in with their leaders and I got to listen for awhile from behind the scenes.  The things I learned as a fly on the wall were:  First, the girls have wonderful, wonderful leaders.  I already knew that, but man, these women get these crazy girls, and care about them.  They cater to each personality and draw each girl in, depending on her needs.

Second, the girls themselves are the cream of the crop.  Again, I already knew this, but listening to them talk and work together, it was apparent in their kindness.
Third, the Beehive girls are crazy.  Yes, we already knew this too.  It's universal, isn't it, that 12 and 13-year-old girls are prone to bouts of drama.  These girls, though, the drama is always a fit of giggles.  They are the sweetest, jut like the cupcakes they made.

These women are so fun and amazing.
Another positive to having people over is being forced to clean up messes like this one.  There seems to have been a spate of cello injuries this week!

No comments: