Monday, April 13, 2009

Blogette




Araceli has her own blog, in case you want to read it. It's not online, though. You have to come to our house to see it. She worked hard in the car all the way home from Ruby and Free's guitar lesson, and that's a loooong drive. It gave her enough time to draw the keyboard and the screen, and to post a few pictures. I haven't "read" it yet, but I bet she posted about losing a front tooth and being visited by the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny on the same night. And she probably talked about her club that meets at recess. There are 10 members so far, including Freestone and Jakey, but everyone and their friends are invited to join. You just have to write your name on the list.

The school counselor told me that Ari seems to have the ability to make people do what she wants them to, and to make them believe it was their idea. Indeed, she has used that skill quite successfully on her own mother numerous times. I would love it if Ari did have a blog, so I could read her thoughts and find out what drives my little powerhouse. After dinner, she told Freestone she was looking at violins on her computer. She was so interested in all the violins she was finding on her paper computer, Freestone had to join in. Before long, Ari had to add a backspace key to the keyboard because Freestone hit the wrong letter when he was googling "guitars." I don't know what it is in kids that lets them believe they're looking at purple polka-dot guitars and pink striped violins on a computer screen made of paper. Theirs is a magical reality.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh.My.Goodness! Kids kill me! One more reminder they really are watching all the time!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Love it!

Maria said...

Way to funny! I love the imagination of kids!

The homestead said...

You have such creative children!