Thursday, April 30, 2009

Freestone's Excellent Adventure


With a couple of days of nice weather, the world is waking up and we're coming out of hibernation. Hooray! Freestone kicked off the Spring Season of end-of-year activities with a field trip to the Treehouse Museum. He usually has afternoon kindergarten and the field trip was in the morning. He brought home a note that emphasized that everyone had to be at the school in the morning to catch the bus to the museum. He made sure I read the note several times, out loud, to make sure I understood the time frame. The morning of the field trip, Free got up so early that he was absolutely convinced it was afternoon by the time we left for school at 8:20. He was supposed to be there by 8:50, but we couldn't wait any longer. All the way to the school, he sobbed, "You didn't read the note! It was supposed to be morning! I missed the bus and you'll have to drive me. You didn't read the time!" The poor kid was weeping and wailing! I kept telling him we had plenty of time, but he didn't believe me until right after I took the picture of his worried little face. At that point, he looked around the kindergarten room and everyone was still there, waiting for the bus. He smiled, put his hands in his pockets and sauntered into the room, looking cool and unconcerned for his peers. Like he hadn't been at all stressed. He had a great time at the Treehouse. I could tell because when he got home, he said the field trip was "dumb." Then he smiled.

4 comments:

love.boxes said...

Soo cool.. already. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad he had a good time and glad he made it despite the close call!

SSWS said...

He told me the best part was riding the bus...but he was a bit guarded to disclose that information. What a great boy.

laurel said...

That is so cute. I love kids.