Monday, April 27, 2009

Cukoo

I looked pretty cute today. One of the other moms at Chuck E. Cheese told me so. It was such a nice compliment! Later, I realized that I had lipstick all over my teeth, a reservoir of chocolate crumbs resting on my enormous belly, and a giant hair clip on top of my head from when it was windy in the car. Marcy, the other mom, was so nice I sat down to rest my weary abdomen and chatted with her for a few minutes, calling her "Marsha."

Now it's hours later and I can't call her and apologize for calling her the wrong name. I do know her phone number by heart because our kids have played together so many times. I know she was sincere when she complimented me; She has eleven kids. I think she gets why I'm so intellectually vacant. I just hope she got a chuckle at my expense. I should tell her that I left my car running while I was in the hardware store last week. Marsha...I mean Marcy deserves a laugh for being so understanding.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always look very cute and very put together! "Marsha" probably didn't even notice the lipstick or crumbs. And you keep so many plates in the air it is amazing that more things aren't left running. I still love the story about leaving Xanthe in the school and forgetting she came with you:) Let's go to the park in a few weeks when the greenhouse calms down a bit!

SSWS said...

I did this the other day...I'm still embarrassed about it....maybe this is why we are friends, but I'm not even pregnant so I have no excuse.

pauldutch said...

I think every pregnant woman is beautiful- all except myself.

Michelle said...

My dad said he thought he saw you at Chuck E's! And you always look cute!

laurel said...

OOOHhhhh!!! I got such a laugh. I am sure you looked cute even with all the little things going on. My mind is like yours. I was so happy to hear you have your moments too even though you have a reason. The other night I told my sone to go down to bed and I would be down in a few to plug him in. I really meant tuck him in. I am not pregnant so what is my problem?

Jennifer said...

You're far from "intellectually vacant." To even come up with such a term proves otherwise!