Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Loafing



This is how you know we're on vacation: the kids played Little Big Planet ALL DAY LONG. And I let them. I'm horrified, but they were having so much fun together, cheering when they got to a new level, and taking time out for victory dances. Whenever one of them wandered out of the TV room, I put them to work with me on my clean-out-the-basement/figure-out-what's-wrong-with-the dryer/give-half-of-our-stuff-away project. By day's end, I was ready for an activity that didn't require remote controls for the kids or heavy lifting for me. Scott even participated cast-free!

Dying Easter eggs and making chocolate-dipped Peeps was the perfect way to end a day of loafing. Now we can have chocolate Peeps on sticks for breakfast for Xanthe's "real" birthday tomorrow. It will help soften the blow when I try to explain that her "real" birthday is the day there's no party. Or maybe we'll have to have a party...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was really fun! I can't wait for the easter egg hunt!

Love,
Golda

Lisa and Tate said...

You always seem to have SO.MUCH.FUN!!! Love the choc peeps! Of course I am a peep lover anyway to can have it.

The homestead said...

We did the chocolate covered peeps- and they were so fun. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Xanthe tomorrow:) You do have so much fun with your kids. Lucky kids to have you for parents!