Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bag Dinner


A lot of times, I do say "Bag dinner" and offer the troops cereal or toast. For today, I thought of something healthier and more delicious. I put a bag of lentils in the crock pot in the AM with vegetable broth. Just before the dreaded dinner hour, I added a bag of shredded carrots and a bag of diced ham. I finely chopped a yellow pepper, an onion and a big, fresh leaf of kale, sauteed it and added it to the mix. A bag of artesian bread and a bag of grapes paired with cheese completed a good, hearty winter meal. With a dinner this easy, it's less tempting to say "Just bag it" and go for the box instead...pizza.

The best part, thought, was the bag of M&M's I threw in my cart at the store. Hiding in my glove box, it will sustain me when the weather is dark and cold and I'm on my 49th trip of the day down Crestwood Road!

5 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Great now I am craving M&Ms

Michelle said...

YOu made me hungry too!

Jennie said...

I can relate with the up and down Crestwood thing. We are right there with ya. :)

Lisa and Tate said...

Yummmmmmmm... looks and sounds delish!

love.boxes said...

looks wonderful!